Fancy a sweet treat that still contains three of your five a day?! Okay, so it's not quite a superfood salad! But with banana, carrot and apple these delicious treats are naturally sweet, easy to bake and wonderfully moist in the middle.
2 very ripe bananas (mashed with a fork)
1 large carrot grated
2 small apples grated
100ml oat milk
2 tbsp coconut oil
50g coconut sugar
50ml maple syrup
1 tsp mixed spice
2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
150g rolled oats
75g self raising flour (I used gluten free)
100g walnuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160C
- Add all the ingredients except the raisins and walnuts to a mixing bowl and stir together well
- Spoon into a food processor and pulse. You don't want the mixture to be super smooth, so pulsing to blend works well
- Stir in the raisins and walnuts
- Pour the mixture into a 12 muffin cupcake tray
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 25 mins at 160C. Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Store in a tin for up to three days
They look vegalicious and simple. Can they be done without the coconut oil or any oil or fat at all. Or could ripe avocado replace the fat?
Thank you for your help.
I have both of Hanna’s books and started my skin healing journey in August 2019. Diet adjustment works. Always keen to try new recipes… these muffins are LOVELY (dense & moist) and easy to make. They freeze well too. Enjoy!